Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The First 30 Days!

Hello my friends...I can't believe that it has already been 30 days since I began my Fabulous at 40 adventure....and let me tell you it has been an adventure. Why is it that when we want to change something it seems like everything around you tries to prevent you from making that change? I think that is what discourages people the most. We start a routine and then it goes really well and then once something gets in the way of our normal routine we get thrown off course. Many get discouraged and quit and go back to the old familiar way of life.....NOT ME!!!! I have been there and I have had those thoughts....Can you believe that ...and it's just the first month!! However, I have refused to give up...I have learned to go with what comes my way and try to work around it...if I can't do it...then oh well...I get back up and dust myself off and start again the next day. Thank God I have one day to live in and that's today...if I mess it up , I can start over the next day.!! Any who! So I know there is a question out there that I have yet to answer.....come on I know all of you want to know....LOL....MY WEIGHT!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH.
Well I did not weigh myself when I first started however...I will say that right before I started ..I was at a friends house and the scale went to 300lbs and then read error...LOL...I was horrified...I stepped on it again and it did the same thing.....so I am guessing it was well above 300lbs...guestimating around 310 -315...so today 30 days later I weigh in at 189.6 ....Last Friday when I bought the scale I weighed in at 194.4. So I know I am doing something right! Even with the wrench thrown in my schedule this weekend...didn't get a chance to exercise...we were doing work in the dinning room/ kitchen and couldn't cook meals...so we ate out several times.....GOD is GOOD!...I still am losing despite my screwups!! lol....Another thing that I have done this past month is that I joined a new denomination!
Yes that's right...I am now a Presbyterian...I love my new church...I am really getting involved with my church...singing in the choir...helping out with Special music...getting involved with church gatherings. I hope to get more involved with a committee or two...and who knows one day become an Elder of the Church...All I know is that God lead me to this wonderful church that reaches out to the community! OH and I actually am excited about tithing!!! I have not been faithful in this before and have missed out on the many blessings because I have not been faithful in my tithing..ever...so this is a leap of faith for me..because I don't make very much and I have been living pay check to pay check...but i know God is Faithful!!
Last but not least ..I have quit smoking..cold turkey...no Nicorette. no chantix...no welbutrin......I made it 30 days so far...no cravings or urges...however I can tell that my tension level has increased and I have been trying to lower that with daily prayer and meditation and exercise....it's working but there are days where I have snapped at someone or maybe cursed someone under my breath while I was driving...lol. But I am hanging on!!!
I just want to say a thank you to all of you who have encouraged me this past month. It has really been a blessing.. Those of you who have been praying for me ..Thank you...they give me the strength to make it through the day!.....It also makes me excited to hear that some of you are wanting to change something in your life as well...it doesn't have to be anything drastic...just make it something for the better...not just for yourself but for your fellowman..Although you might think my motive is selfish...it really isn't...I want to be Fabulous at 40 because I want to be the best TJ that God wants me to be...it was just time for me to take inventory and clear out the bad things in my life....I am not by any means claiming to be perfect or am I trying to be Holier than Thou because of what I am doing...I just want to present myself acceptable to God...any who....enough preaching...lol....Thank you!!! TJ

1 comment:

  1. Sorry..but I need to correct an error...It says that I weighed in at 189...it should say 289..I started a month ago over 300lbs...I would have to say that I would be pretty famous if I could loos over 100 lbs in one month...lol

    ReplyDelete