Thursday, November 19, 2009

Procrastination!

Hello folks...it's me!!! Bet you thought I had fallen off the wagon so to speak huh?....lol...Well not really...I have been struggling off and on this past month. But I am sticking to my guns...I continue to exercise and eat healthy for the most part...lol....But I must admit that I have been a little down these last few weeks...Let's just say that I have really had my eyes opened to the fact of how precious life is...and how short it can be. I mean we can be gone in an instant!! These past few weeks has really changed my heart toward my relationship with my friends, family and even God. and that's why I have entitled my blog this entry as Procrastination......
Procrastination continues to rear its ugly head in my life....I have always been a procrastinator. With school work, studying for tests, finishing projects, writing lesson plans the night before they are due. Waiting until Dec 24 to go shopping for Christmas presents....waiting for the oil light or temperature gage to light up before I even think about checking the car...I mean the list can go on and on....but if you notice these are all "earthly" things....Most people will say that they have the same problems...no one gets hurt except for me...because I bring all this stress and chaos into my life.....I agree!!! I have tried to become a better steward of my time....However there is still one area in my life that I have over looked....one place where I never thought that procrastination would even play apart...but it does...and that is my failure to let my friends , family and even God know just how much I love them. Thank God it's not too late!! I have been dealing with a terrible guilt that I have had ever since my Father passed away almost 4 yrs ago..He died in December a couple of weeks before Christmas... I was going to go home at Thanksgiving to spend the Holidays with my family that year...but something came up and I could not go ...Christmas would be the next time I would be able to see them....I never got to see my Dad...it had been along time since I had actually seen and talked with him...that's a whole other story...my point is ..I could have gone that Thanksgiving but I chose something else and just felt like I could hold off until Christmas ...I was wrong...so I have been dealing with this for a while...I have tried to stay in contact with my Mom...I go and visit her as much as I can...and even then I should go more often than I do now... I am also blessed to have so many friends from my past and friends that are around me today...I don't know everyones situation..but I do believe God has placed you in my life for a reason...and I am so very blessed to have you in my life....As a human being..I know I have failed...and will fail and fall short daily...but please know that I love you...and I thank God for you!! But most importantly...GOD LOVES YOU!! His love is Perfect!! I am no saint ...believe me....I am far from it....I too struggle on a daily basis but I know today that God is everything to me today...with out Him I would not be Sober,,with out Him I would not have this crazy , imperfect...but Wonderful life that I have....without Him I have NOTHING!! And yet as sure as the day is long...I forget...I get into the daily routine of "life" with horse blinders on....and I tell myself that I'll be in Church on Sunday...I'll call that friend later....I don't have time to help you because I am too darn busy taking care of my own business to recognize your needs...GOD FORGIVE ME!!! Procrastination can lead you down a dark path...I know I have rambled. ...but if there is one thing I would want for you to get out of this it would be to let those around you know that you love them...reach out to your neighbor even if you don't know them...reach out to your family..and most of all reach out to GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment