Monday, September 28, 2009

Ready or Not!!

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you and you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jer 29 :11-13.

So today is the big day!! I feel great. I have to admit I didn't want to get up this morning to go to my dance class! That's right! I said dance..well I should say tap. The studio I work at offers an adult tap class in the mornings on Monday. And let me tell you it ain't easy for this big guy to even think light on his feet...lol....but it's a good workout! Plus it helped get me up and out of bed early. Normally I would sleep in until 10 - 10:30 am. I plan to get up everyday at the same time and start walking for a good hour. This is an easy beginning for me. Hopefully this will help keep me energized more during the day... of course today right around noon time I fell asleep...I just felt all my energy just left my body. Right now I feel energized again..I had a healthy breakfast and lunch and plan on eating a healthy dinner.

Speaking of eating healthy I have to go to the store and start buying things that are healthy to eat...This really scares me because I love to eat... I love to cook...and I love to eat the food I cook!! How the heck do those guys on Food network channel stay skinny? I have not figured that out. I do know that eating healthier can be a little more expensive..this scares me because of finances but I know in the long run it really comes out about even in the end. It's more about not just eating 3 meals a day..but also eating healthy snacks in between...that's going to get my energy up and going...I hope!! Again this scares me...I have been down this road before..I have exercised and eaten healthy and lost weight...I have tried adkins...didn't lose anything...I have tried Herballife...all I got was a speed rush from the pills...didn't lose weight!! tried sugar busters didn't lose weight..I do know that a balanced diet with a little bit of everything seemed to work..so that's what I am going to get back to ...not just portion control but eating the right kinds of foods. When I actually get my self weighed I will let you know the big number...I just know it's way over 200lbs...lol...
One other way I am going to stay healthy is to stop a really bad habit I have had on and off for about 16 yrs and I am not talking about drinking...lol....I have been Sober for 9yrs and a month thanks to AA. This habit has stayed with me as a close friend..to help me get through drinking...and I am ready to stop... give it up for good...so.. Last night I smoked my last cigarette!! I know it!! I am going cold turkey....I may switch to nicorette for a while but I am going to try it without help...I have a lot of triggers ...but the big one is always I feel the need of a cigarette after a big meal....also stressful days seem to always set me off as well...and just plain feeling I need to relax and hang out as well... I am so glad to have friends that will love me even when I am screaming for a cig!! because I know I will be!!
Now some of you are probably wondering why I am doing all of this and why am I writing about this...I don;t know!! All I know is that I have been thinking this last year at what I have done with my life...I graduated HS, went to college,, and worked in the real world...all in the span of 39 years! I don't know about you but I want to live until I am at least 80...so that's another 39 + years....what am I going to do for 39+ years...it goes by so fast! I don't want to waste time in hospitals or lying in bed hooked up to some machine because I can't breathe or that I am too big to move around. What a waste of a life...What an insult to God!! He made me and this is how I am treating Him? He gave me life...He sacrificed his only Son so that I may live! Now I am not here to preach..I am not going to tell you that you have to believe my beliefs...that's not the purpose of this blog ...I will fill you in on my thoughts about spiritual things because that is part of my journey as well..and hopefully be an encouragement to you...Now I know some people will not even give a crap about this blog and probably won't read it but I do hope that some will and walk away with something... Now not to be rude but I saw some 20 year reunion pics...and I think some of you might want to get on the band wagon with me...Next year I plan to throw a Fabulous at 40 party...and i will invite you to attend!! Who knows I might plan a mini reunion as well...all I know is that I want get back to good healthy living....because the next 40 years are going to be maintaining what I have done this year!! I may fail but I am going to try!! So much for now...more to come later! TJ

2 comments:

  1. Let's help support each other through this next year. I weighed in yesterday morning. Sunday morning before church. I've been seeing that same awful number for almost two years, maybe more. I don't want to see that number ever again. I love food too -- too much! It is an addiction just like anything else. Food is my comfort and my friend. Tonight I talked myself out of stopping at Sonic for a Mocha Chip Java Chiller advertised on the sign. Water with lime and Splenda plus a small lollipop helped. Tomorrow no lollipop! Today was hard, but each tomorrow will get easier. I did it before -- 77 pounds, I can do it again, and more. Tip #1 for Day One "When you feel the need to feed -- get busy and move; clean, sweep, fold, cut, wash etc." --kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kathy!! I am behind you one hundred percent!! I havent' weighed myself yet...I need to do that...guess I have to buy a scale or go to the Dr.'s.

    ReplyDelete