Tuesday, September 29, 2009

God Help Me!!

God, I offer myself to Thee -- to build with me and do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always! Alcoholics Anonymous p63


This prayer is called the 3rd step prayer found in the Big Book of AA.....I find myself praying this prayer alot...it's one of many that I use during my quiet time or meditation. I will continue to share different prayers and verses that I come across that inspire me. I found my self praying this prayer this morning. I did not want to get up!! This helped prayer helped me to get off my butt and start my day!

Let me tell you...I thought that getting back into walking and exercising was going to be easy...Well five minutes into the walk...I began to cramp up and have pain...how lame is that....lol...I even stretched before I began....I sat down ..did some more stretching exercises...and was soon back on my walk...I will admit that I had to stop several times today...So I don't know how well the exercise was for my body...other than to get my body over the shock that my fat ass is moving a lot more than it is used to...lol. The point is ..is that I put forth the first step...I find that actually it is not as bad as I thought..funny how that works...all it takes is that first step....no pun intended...Well I got through today...feeling a little soar but not discouraged in anyway...I have made this commitment not only to myself ..but to God and to my friends.
I was also amazed that I was able to make it the first day/evening with smoking! I have to admit...I really craved one last night on my way to Starbucks. It just hit me....but once I got there and started talking I forgot about the cig..thanks to some great friends and great conversation...I made it through..I plan on making it through tonight as well....however...I feeel that once I get stressed out or begin to get frustrated that craving is going to kick me in the butt!! But I have tools to help me ...thank God for Gum and sugar free candy!!

I also received this great book called Living the New Rebellion...it's a new series by Nelson Publishing. It's a daily devotional that offers 365 ways to Ignite Your Passion for God and Supercharge Your Life....it's awesome..it's basically a daily devotional...that deals with changing your life...topics cover, health, money, priorities, pain...and a whole lot more....I am using this to help in my daily meditation and prayer time with God!! You should check it out!! Love ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment