Tuesday, September 22, 2009

counting down the days.

Ok folks...5 days and counting. I have been going over and over in my mind what exactly do I want to accomplish this year so that I can feel fabulous at 40? Don't get me wrong. I have a lot of things today in my life to be thankful for. I have been blessed in so many different ways. However, I feel that it's time for me to do some housecleaning ..so to speak... I need to take inventory and take out what's bad and stock up on more positive things. As I said in my previous blog..this includes weight loss. I have really let myself go in this part of my life...although I am happy with who I am..this monster still continues to bring me down. I love food...and those of you who know me..knows that is the God's honest truth!!...I am tired of feeling tired!! This will also include getting rid of some not so healthy habits on my part. One not so healthy habit has been plaguing me for some time now and I feel that this along with the weight loss will be my biggest challenge! I will disclose this not so healthy habit on kick off day Sept 28th 2009.
I am also looking at other aspects of my life as well...my Spiritual life. I am really going to commit more time to Church, bible study and for the first time in a long time I am going to commit to tithing. I have taken so much ..I know that I need to give back ...I am excited about this aspect in my life....because of this I plan on committing to keeping a budget...I am baaaddddd at expenses and saving and all that stuff...this will be another part of my life that will be a daily journey... I also feel that I need to give of my time helping others...so I am looking now to see where is that God would have me volunteer my time in the community. The pastor at the church I have been attending has been really preaching about reaching out and getting out of ourselves and helping others.
So these are just a few things that I am looking forward to this next year!! So please join me on this journey...maybe you have some things in your life that are holding you back ..keeping you down..why not make a commitment as well? See you in 5!!

No comments:

Post a Comment